Animals inspire me. People fascinate me. Fashion and style draw me in. I believe small moments of joy can be found in the ordinariness of everyday; as an illustrator, my goal is to capture those moments and express them with simple lines and bright colours.
My career as an illustrator began with the launch of my Vancouver Loves Their Dogs blog, a tribute to the sweet, tiny moments I observed between canines and their humans. After graduating from the University of Lethbridge with a BFA in Fine Art, and then having to admit that I didn’t like modern painting, I enrolled in The Art Institute in Vancouver, BC. Upon graduation, I decided to focus on graphic design and built up a healthy client roster that still keeps me busy.
A childhood in Japan informed my sense of humour and esthetic, leading me to explore artistic boundaries. Today, I toy with playful themes, soft colours, simples lines, and charming figures. Preferring digital media, my goal is to create art everyday, even when I don’t have an end product in mind. I attempt to capture joy and happiness and often draw things that feel silly or whimsical. I’m open to all kinds of illustration projects, but am most excited about editorial pieces, magazines, fashion, and art events.
- Featured on Behance Illustration Gallery
- Illustration selected for the Hot Art Wet City’s, Carded Show in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Illustration selected for the Hot Art Wet City’s, One Hot Inch Action Show in 2014, 2017
- Illustration selected for the Hot Art Wet City’s, Boobies and Wieners Show in 2017
- Featured in Society6, Friday Five blog post
The Art Institute of Vancouver
Diploma, Graphic Design
2009 – 2011
The University of Lethbridge
Bachelors of Fine Arts
2003 – 2008